Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Well Hell !!!

Maybe so but the memory part is getting a little slower. I was half asleep this AM and blabbing about photoluminescence. I know what I was talking about is in a mineral book somewhere, but I can't remember where it is. Maybe out in the shop. Anyhow I think I am pretty close in thinking what I was thinking half the night is around about what I was talking about. Now what the hell was I talking about? Oh yeh! That stuff called photoluminescence. I do know luminescence is a form of light energy. Right? Only thing is, there are many forms of light energy. Natural, like sunlight, moonlight and lightning. Then there is the manmade stuff called electricity. Right? Then kiddies, there is that mysterious stuff that glows in the dark. Well after it is excited by a source of light first. Like radium and uranium. Some stones and fossils will too. Now is this photoluminescence? I think maybe I'm right or at least close. Seems like I remember that scientists use photoluminescence to date minerals. They use it to tell how long they have been buried? Tell me Jake am I close? Anyway if I'm wrong I am going to plead the fact I suffer from CRS, so there.
Today was bright and sunny and muddy here in the yard. Snow has slid off the roof of the shop and the berm isn't melted yet, so too nasty to work out in the shop. Best reason in the world to sit on my butt and play puter games. Tomorrow we are back to the desert to earn a buck.
Granny.

No comments: