Monday, March 19, 2012

Them bones, them bones, them cow bones.

Remember I told you on an earlier post about a party on craigslist who wanted cow bones. Well I emailed them about how many and what price they were paying. As it turns out, it was a guy who does woodburning on them and sells at the flea market. I knew when he said he was looking to get the bones free as he was a handicaped vet who used them in a craft project. Pure bull. I saw him at the flea market and he wasn't handicaped in any way if he could bring all the stuff he had to the flea market every week. I didn't let on I knew who he was and told him I couldn't provide any bones free. They were out there if he went out and looked for them. Pretty good deal if he can get his bones for nothing. He does make some pretty good pictures on the bones. Most of them are western in concept. I tried it once and it stinks like hell when you do it. Phillp has a knife he made from a cow jawbone set with obsidian for the blade and has an antler handle. It would look good with woodburning on it but he likes it as it is. Maybe he will get around to making something out of the bones he has collected around here and do something with them. Who knows? Any way that's what's up with the bone thing.
Granny.

1 comment:

Bull River Gal said...

Ah...go figure......I would imagine that it does stink pretty bad burning them!