Friday, March 23, 2012

PL explanation contest!


Okay this is one of the MANY sets of PL data that have been driving me bananas. As far as I can tell nobody has seen this before. My guess is that if they have they realize it's a bunch of crap and keep it a secret. As a grad student though you have to report everything you find, crap or not and you have to explain it. I think this is a particularly annoying cowpie-of-a-data-set so rather than get mad, I'm gonna have some fun. So if you're up to it, give me the best explanation you can for this steaming pile. Anything goes folks, aliens, sea monsters, nano-scale space monkeys...... I'll take anything, because it's probably better than what I got now which is a whole lotta "I dunno"

1 comment:

Rockhunter said...

I turned the graph upside down and it makes more sense to me that way. As I see it, the photon's connected to the neutron,the neutron's connected to the protron, the protron's connected to the ion and who the hell turned on the black light and got them all excited again. Maybe it will read better right side up. Nope, this way it seems the bloat is just getting bigger. Too much luminescent gas maybe.