Sunday, July 1, 2012

Birthday drive

Yep another one of those days.  Bruce and I went for a drive yesterday for my birthday.  We were going to go to Missoula to the Fort Missoula museum, then to the Memorial Rose Garden and then to the Elk Foundation Visitor Center....but I started getting a flare up in my right foot (which is rare for me) and by 2 am my foot was so swollen and in screaming pain...didn't get much sleep.  Hobbled out of the bedroom to go stick my foot in the bath tub with nice cold well water for a few minutes.  Got a glass a milk and took some ibuprofen, layed in the recliner until about 6:30 dozing off and on and then finally the foot started feeling much better went back to bed and slept till 9 am.  It was still hurting me after that so we decided the museum would have to wait for another day................bummer!! 

We decided to go for a drive. We went up Hiway 56 and took a road that should have taken us into Idaho and from there we would have connected up to the Lightning creek road or we could have gone down the Trestle Creek drainage. We planned on having dinner in either Hope or Clark Fork BUT... we ran into fallen trees and snow up near the top so we had to go back down to 56.  We ate in Libby, MT.  Got back here around 8:30 PM.  Here are some pics I took along the drive:


I had to get this big mushroom thing. It about 8" in diameter:

Oh and the drive coming back down!! 

1 comment:

Rockhunter said...

Cool picts and I mean brrr!! The first creek pic looks like a manmade channel. I'll bet if you stuck your foot in that water it would be colder than the well water. That stuff looks right off the glacier. I wish now we had some of that white stuff in the last pic down here right now. That mushroom is a dozey. Was it a puffball or what?