Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Yep..I am staying inside..too damn hot outside!

Man, we have hit the triple digits the past couple of days. Due to all of the rain that we have had in May and June, it is so dang humid in the afternoon that if you step outside it feels like a sauna!!  The forecast-ed highs were supposed to be in the low to mid nineties but not up here is has been much warmer than that.  In town, next to the Clark Fork River, it may be a bit cooler than up here, I suppose. 

Anyhoo...Bruce is outside mowing the lawn right now.  I got brave and decided to make a cake...even though the house is hotter than the dickens.   In about an hour we can open all of the windows and cool the house down before bedtime. 

Here are some projects that I have been working on in varying stages of getting competed:




Now, I have some ideas for animal blankets for small kids......made like quillows so they tote them to wherever...babysitters, friends, grandma and grandpas, to the park....should be fun making them.  Hope they will sell at the craft fairs and holiday bazaars next year.  Oh and I named the quilts tops:  "Huckleberry go-round" and "Sleepin' with the fishes".   Ha-Ha  I have to get them quilted now.
This bottom quilt will be for Travis when I get it finished.

4 comments:

Jake said...

Nice Ma! I like the one with the fish on it!

Anonymous said...

OOOh gal, I love your quilts.
Wanda

Rockhunter said...

Why not hie your buns down to the river bank and park in the shade with your feet in the water and utilize that spot down there. You can always sew when it rains or snows. That huckleberry go round is so beautiful. Of course the others are very nice as well.

Bull River Gal said...

I don't go down to the river because the mosquitoes are likely to fly off with ya!! Sitting in the shade along the river is really bad for skeeters....If you wade your chair out farther into the river it is not as bad but then you are sitting in the bleeping sun!! Much more comfortable being in the house!! 95 degrees outside right now and only 78 in the house.