Friday, October 19, 2012

I been thievin again.

 Since all my posters were on the HP, I will either have to get busy and make new ones here on the laptop or just steal them from the Internet. Clever ehhh!!

 Like they say, "Life's a bitch".
Well I could if I still had any of them. Somehow they went the way of my peddle pushers, penny loafers, bobby sox and full pleated skirts. Yeah , those were the good old days. Girls stole one of their dads white shirts, had friends autograph them and then we embroidered all the autographs in different colors. The more names on the shirt the better.  These were worn, with the sleeves rolled to the elbows, like a jacket of sorts.
Status symbol?  You bet.  Oh my, and the sweaters. Don't forget them. Back then they were mostly wool.  The itchy stuff so you had to wear a blouse under them or scratch yourself to death.  Yuck!! All that hand washing and blocking.  Was happy when they finally came out with nylon.  No itch but you still had to hand wash or they became a mess real fast. But the beauty was, it would dry by morning. Those pleated skirts would really swing when we jitterbugged. We danced some slow dances too.  Big Band Era music.  The Dorsey brothers, Guy Lombardo, Glenn Miller. Yep we danced to them all.  Wore my earrings at school and all the dances. Those were the days.
Granny.

No comments: