Thursday, June 7, 2012

More flowers.

This is a shrub. Don't know the name but flowers smell devine, unless too many are around, then they tend to be overpowering.

Indian paintbrush in this high meadow. Funny how this flower seems to be in all the western states I have been in. I wonder if it grows east of the Mississippi as well.



I think this is a thistle poppy that hasn't gotten around to blooming yet. The foliage looked interesting, so I took a picture of it. Just a pattern thing for me.

Took these a while back. Haven't taken many since. Phillip has taken some down at the river. Speaking of the river, we might go down tomorrow after we do the laundry. It has got hot again and I like it down there where it's a whole lot cooler.

Phillip just finished a walking stick that is just crazy. Have to get a picture of it. You'll laugh your head off. I did when I first saw it.

Phillip is having a fit again because the birds ate a lot of the new cuke plants. Had to get some netting to cover them until they get bigger then the birds will leave them alone. A snake got tangled up in the bird netting he had over the tomatoes. Damn thing died and it was so tangled up in the net he had to cut it out. Ruined a big part of the netting. Blasted thing. He may not have pig problems but a whole lot of other critters to vex him now. Like I always say, " It's a great life if you don't weaken."

Granny.





No comments: