Sunday, March 1, 2009

maybe this will work to get the blog thing started, can't seem to post on your blog without commenting to someone else





SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2009

Long journey

It has been somewhat of a journey, to get here, I have been using a web-browser that is obviously not supported by this site. Ame figured out why it was not working for me and now I am in business.
I have actually been able to visit the site for a couple of days now, but have been very busy with our Corgi, and her litter born 02/18/2009. A very long night, and some scary moments the next day during whelping. One of the puppies, a sable male had some difficulty in the birth canal and wouldn't breath when I got him out. I tried  using the same methods that I've used many times before with puppies that took their time breathing, holding him with a wash cloth his head angled in a downward direction and swaying him gently up and down from my stomach to my knees, and rubbing him, but this little guy was particularly stubborn. After what seem like forever, about 20 or 30 seconds I decided to just give him some help and with my mouth on his I gave a slight puff of air, like a whistle without the noise. I felt his chest rise and he gasped for that first precious breath of air on his own.  He is doing pretty good now but we are keeping an eye on him and making sure that his big brother don't muscle him away from the dinner table. He was holding his own quite well today.  
The puppies are Bingham, Cassia, Franklin, Clark, and Lewis. Can anyone see where we found those names?
A=B+C  is Ame equals Bill plus Chris, yeah I know, but we had to have something to use for profile name so that's it. Ame is our daughter's short name, the first three letters of  her real name, Amelia, taken from her great grandmother Amelia Ramsay. 
I am William, "Bill" of the prairie Hanks', 5th down the line third from the bottom [more or less] My wife is Chris, but she only comes when we call her Sissy. We are in the Bayview, Athol, Belmont area of north Idaho, and we wish springtime would get here soon. Last year we had record snowfall over thirteen feet total. The winter of 96 we measured just over 12 feet, adding up snowfalls we scraped off the water truck. This year was supposed to be mellow, but December had different ideas, and we got a 40 inch storm followed by storms that dumped 28, 24, 30 inches. After December we have not really had much new snow at all, but the stuff from earlier won't leave, we still have a couple of feet. February is the 4th driest month of the year in our area, that always seemed weird to me because we are in the middle of winter.
Well there you go, puppies, names and snow glad were all caught up.

2 comments:

Bull River Gal said...

Cool, 5 puppies!! How is the little momma doing!! I bet your other female is trying to get her nose in the mix!!

Rockhunter said...

I read on your web site that you were expecting the puppies in Feb. Just din't know when. Hope the dogie family is doing ok now. Glad you finally go on the blog. Tell Ame and Cissy to drop a line sometime.