Saturday, March 14, 2009

Just a line or so.







Thought I'd drop a line about the desert flowers...Such a big disappointment... It was a beautiful sunny morning yesterday so we decided to go down and take photos of the wild flowers...It seems they didn't get the last few rains we got up here on the bench...Here are a few of the ones I did find and were big enough to photograph...
Since we were already down there Phillip decided to got pick up a few more of the geodes with the fire opal in them... I stayed pretty close to the car and looked for arrowheads...The grass has dried up so it was easy looking... I did find 1 good one and 1 broken one... Saw the biggest rattler I've seen in a long time. I had left the camera in the car since the flowers were not out much and he just wouldn't stay put till I hoofed it over to get the camera and back. He sure made it out of sight in a hurry...
It was a perfect day...Sunny with a breeze so it wasn't too hot...When we got back up on the bench we hit the worst rain storm...Lots of lightning and some snow flitting down with the rain...It was supposed to be sunny here today but we got rained on anyway...Don't have to water the garden as much this way...
Lastly! You know your in AZ when your car is overheating and you haven't driven it yet.
Granny











No comments: