Friday, March 27, 2009

Blizzard 2009

Yesterday was the biggest snowstorm of the year for those of you keeping up with the weather! We had about a foot and a half of snow within 24 hours! The city shut down at noon and closed many roads and freeways. I was stranded in downtown Denver for the afternoon but luckily Jason came and rescued me (my hero!!) and we both got home safely. My car, however, is buried at the Park-and-Ride so I figure by tomorrow it will mostly melt off and we'll go reclaim it :o)

3 comments:

Rockhunter said...

Glad you made it home safe...Love your hero...I think when the storm past us we got some of the cold drift from it...

A=B+C said...

And we thought we had it rough in December, this is the time of year when it is supposed to be getting warmer. That's a tough pill to swallow, at least it will melt of a bit quicker that the December snow that won't leave us. We really haven't had any amount worth talking about since those storms at the end of last year, sure wish it would go away. Good luck with the car.

Bull River Gal said...

Yeah, Bruce was up at Kalispell yesterday volunteering at the last "Little Guys Wrestling Club" tournament and when he called me to say that he was heading home (it was around 6PM) he said that it was starting to snow up there. I said, "Huh?, Gee it is 45 degrees over here!" I had just checked the temp about 10 minutes before he called. We got a skiff of snow last night. And was 35 degrees when I was making our breakfast.