Tuesday, April 24, 2012

How tired I am!

Today was wash day. We start out plenty early because by the time we get down to Congress where we do laundry, the place could be packed. Try to do it on tuesday because there are not too many people down there then. In fact the place closes on tue. and wed. during the summer because there are not enough people to come in to keep it open. Most of the snowbirds have gone home or back north. After we got done washing we went on out to the river before coming home. Phillip went on a hike and I just took a walk around the area by the river. Lots of birds out gathering nesting material yet. I see where a sparrow hawk has built nest. Last year a large hawk was hanging aroud nesting up in the rocks I think. We saw a big black hawk the other day when we were down there. This is the first one I have seen up close. He was down by the waters edge, either trying to catch some of the small fish there or was getting water bugs or tadpoles. I don't know. I didn't have the camera on me, it was in the rig. I knew he would fly if I went to get it so we just watched him.
I didn't sleep good last night. Got to take the blanket off the bed because I got too warm. I had the window open,but still too hot in the room. Got up into the 80's up here on the bench today, so will be hot again tonight even though there are some clouds coming in. Supposed to have T showers on Wed. Who knows. We sure do need the rain, I hope we get it.

That'll teach em.

Granny.



No comments: