Sunday, April 15, 2012

Brother-Sister bonding time

Well howdy folks! I'm still pluggin' away at my thesis and I think I'll have something pretty darn close to finished by mid-week. Even though I've had my nose in the books and fingers on the keyboard, life hasn't been all dull, mostly dull but not 100% dull. I was able to have some fun this weekend as Sis was in town for her PT (physical therapy) school reunion and we figured we would hit the slopes one last time. The day started off fantastic as Sis scored a free lift ticket. Some dude gave her one of his extra 4-pack tickets.

A "4-pack" is a bundle of tickets you buy ahead of time. For example you can buy bundle of 4 tickets at discounted prices in August for use from November to April. The kicker is that these are not refundable if you do not use them. So if you bought a 4-pack but you didn't get off of the couch all winter, then you made a cash donation to the ski industry. Unfortunately this happens all the time, which is good for the ski and snowboard nuts because they can score their friends un-used tickets. Most of the time people will try to curb their losses by selling (at an even discounted price) their unused tickets, but Sis found a kind soul that said "hey this is going to waste if you don't want it." So the dude gave it to her for nothing. I thought the guy was trying to hit on Sis but she said the guy looked to be in his fifties and didn't ask for a phone number so I guess it was just a cool person being cool.

Here we are taking a "brother is too fat and needs a rest" break in the lodge.

I wasn't sure if both of us could fit on the "two seater" so here's a picture of Sis on the chair ahead of me.

Looking up at the Continental Divide.

Sis right before attacking the slopes!

The last two pictures are some pretty mountain views that I thought were worthy of a picture.


1 comment:

Rockhunter said...

You know what they say? " All work and no play makes Jake a sad boy". Nice that you and Lisa could get a chance to play for a change.
Coool views.