Wednesday, April 1, 2009

About the snake






This snake was hell bent on just getting away. I really wasn't that close to him. I was about 4 feet away and I put the camera on zoom and held it close to the ground. I couldn't even tell if the snake was even visable in the lens. I just snapped a shot every time he stopped and stuck his tongue out. Out of 11 shots, this was the only one that showed his head. The rest were flops.


As for the turtle, he was down on the desert. I have never seen one up here on the bench. I forgot I took hem the day we went down to the desert to take pics of the wild flowers. About 5 years ago we ran onto one out and about and Phillip took pics of him. He fed him part of his sandwich and got the pics when he stopped to eat. I got some great shots of a Gilla Monster a few years back.


We went up gold panning yesterday. Thought the woods would be still full of nuts looking for gold with one hand on a gun. We were in luck and had the creek to ourselves. As usual Phillip got the gold and I got sore legs and back. Oh I did get one tiny picker and a lot of fine gold. I guess the nuts gave up when they did find much. You could tell by where the dug their holes they would come up short handed. Phillip probably would have gotten quite a bit more gold but he didn't have the sucker tube. He thought it was in the rig but it was in the back of the ford. Should have looked. But Hey! It was all my fault you see. I should have reminded him.


When I got my fill of the prospecting I went picture hunting. Got a cute chipper on a rock, I gave him a piece of cracker to pose for me. Granny




No comments: