Friday, April 3, 2009

There's gold in them thar hills.

We went up prospecting again yesterday. Did much better . Not going to get rich but did get a few pickers. Phillip remembered the sluice and the sucker tube and did real good. I stuck with the pan. Most of the pickers came out of roots of a beech tree I dug under. I clipped the roots and panned them out. The are quite fiberous and act just like a net. When I reached my limit, I went off taking pics. The one above is of Manzanita blooms. Most of them are not blooming yet but this bush is in the rocks and gets reflected heat.


This is the first fiddlehead fern I saw coming up. Mostly all you see are the dead fronds at the base of the rocks and beneath the big pine trees .



Looks kinda like a big snake, huh? Just a weird rock formation up the creek a ways.



Here is my pal the chipmunk. I took this pic the last time we were up panning. Didn't see him this trip. Got more pics for another time. Granny



No comments: