Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wow...things are looking up

First, before I forget....Jason, we loved your skiing video. Actually we have enjoyed all of the pictures that we have been seeing. Huh.........I haven't seen any pictures of any actual gold though!!

Bruce and I have been busy. We have had a few days of nice weather lately and Bruce has been working cleaning up downed trees that toppled over during the winter storms. He has been extremely happy to be able to get outside to do stuff. In fact, it is 9:05 PM and he is just now coming in the door downstairs. We are supposed to get some rain over the next couple of days, so he will probably get a bit grumpy if he has to stay indoors much.

I have been working on a quilt with my neighbor friend. The center square in each block was made her her grandmother back during the depression. She came across the embroidered squares when she was cleaning our her grandmas house after she passed on several years back. A few weeks ago, we had discussed working on a quilt project together and ta-da, here we are working on a quilt that has her grandma's blocks in them. Anyway, we are having a blast. And we already have other ideas for quilts projects in the future.

I had to take my sewing machine in to get it worked on. The darn thing got to where it wouldn't sew 8 inches before it got all bunched up. the guy did a terrific job. I would almost swear that it sews better now than it did brand new!! Sewed up a cute little summer outfit for Rhiannon today. It is one of those that Donna cut out when she was up here visiting. I think I will pull out one of the dresses and pinafores that she cut out to sew next. That will be my project for tomorrow!! Good night all. Oh and if i don't get back in before; Have a Happy Easter. Jeannine

No comments: