Saturday, February 21, 2009

Wore to a frazzle.


Phew!! This has been an exhausting week for yours truly...We have had such nice weather down here that I have been taking advantage of every bit of time I can get outdoors...I finished raking the dead grass that Phillip didn't get...Not to mention all the leaves that fell off the cottonwood tree in the back yard, and packed in the rock piles that we have placed in lieu of any other vegative plantings...Got a few spines in my hand when I reached into the piles that are placed too close to the nasty cactus we planted under the windows as an all time great deterent to would-be house breakers...Even with heavy gloves I felt the bite of the cactus...The weeds in the garden spot are growing faster than any plants...Chard has started to show and the snow peas have sprouted...Potatoes will take a while but now that it is getting warmer, they should show pretty soon...Had to get the darn weeds though before they took over...I screwed up and lost the squash plants... They were getting their third set of leaves so took them outside to get some good sunshine...Got busy and forgot them...They got fried...Got to start all over again... Now that it's warmer I will start them to go outside in the daytime, and only bring them in at night until I don't have to worry about frost...
I cleaned up a lot of the rocks we had gathered this winter...Anyway the ones Phillip hasn't cut up...He has been going strong on both the saws...He cut some of the rhodochrusite that he found up in MT not long before we left there. It's beautiful...Lot more solid than it looks. Has quite a bit of matrix attached to it but not too detracting...Gorgous pink with white and dark grey... He will have to hike back up there and get some more this summer...
We went out rock hunting yesterday...I hauled my fat ass across the flats, up the washes and over the ridges...About a mile in we picked up some red and yellow blotched agate and some lavender oolitic agate...With full bags I wished for a helicopter rescue but had haul bags plus fat ass back out...At least most of it was downhill...
Had tumblers to take care of today...all 3 of them...Sorted and cleaned the stuff from yesterday then sat my fat ass in the lawn chair and had a tall frosty glass of pineapple and orange juice...
Sorted some garnet I want to facet then it started to get cloudy haze in the sky... Figured what the hell, might as well break for lunch, maybe it will pass over...It didn't so decided to plant my carcass in front of the computer and drop a post...
Well what's going on in your neck of the woods?

2 comments:

Steph said...

OOOH you did find some rhodochrysite! (sp?) I bet those stones will be beautiful! I am not familiar with agate so much...I will have Jake point it out to me. Did he email you the pictures from the Mines museum?

Rockhunter said...

The stuff is pretty. I will have to take some pictures of it. There should be plenty of agate there in Colorado. Go the the web site
www.agatewithinclusions.com and take a look at them there. I will put some of the pictures I have taken of ours on the blog. Jake did send the pictures of the Mines museum. The have a fantastic display of minerals there.