Sunday, February 8, 2009

Brain-echo update.

Last night when the echos were rolling around in my head I forgot to mention that I also had to wear a garter belt and long brown socks...Before the year was out I began to roll up the underwear above my knees and roll the long brown socks to the top of my shoes...The apron I wore was what my mom called a pinafore...I used to pull my long skirts up thru the belt a bit so the skirt didn't hang down so far...A bit blousy around my waist but what the heck, I already had courious bumps around my knees and then every one could see the fat rolls around the tops of my shoes...All this ended the next year when we moved to Wyoming and we were out of range of my Grandmother's influence on my dress habits... By the time we returned to Utah, my father told my Grandmother in no uncertain terms, I would not be dressing like an old lady any longer...
Granny

2 comments:

Steph said...

Granny -

We need to see some pictures of this!! It is hard to picture all that material on a person! For a person who wears "boys clothes" every day and hates wearing skirts/dresses, I cannot imagine putting all that on!!! Was this typical Morman attire?

Rockhunter said...

It was the normal attire for the older staunch Mormons...My Mother dressed that way before she married my Dad, He told her he wasn't married to an old lady and she would dress like the rest of the women dressed in the early 30's...My Aunt Freda never did get to wear normal clothers because she married a staunch Mormon. She did defy my Grandmother in dressing her kids because of all the teasing I got in school...There was a picture of me dressed that way in my Mothers old photo album, but somehow when I took my Parents to AZ. in 1993, the album dissapeared from their home while they were gone...All the older pictures of my family as kids were in it...No one has it...Typical sibling " I don't know"...