Monday, February 9, 2009

Exploring Colorado

Jason and I had a good weekend exploring some new Colorado territory! This state is so massive and there is so much to do here we are not bored! Unfortunately, these silly things called JOBS, get in our way of having daily adventures :(

We went to the northwest corner of the state to Steamboat Springs. Unlike much of the rest of Colorado, this was not a mining town, but rather a cattle ranching town. Apparently, many of the townsfolk have not gotten the clue that in the 21st century it has become a high-falootin' ski resort town and have attempted to cling to Stetson hats and bolo ties amidst the Prada handbags and fur coats!!!

On the way back we took the Cache la Poudre/North Park senic byway back to Ft. Collins and it was amazing! The canyon narrows and widens throughout the length of the byway setting for some spectacular views. We were a little disappointed not to see any wildlife, but maybe next time.

2 comments:

Rockhunter said...

Sounds like you guys are getting out and about...I say do it while you can...Who knows what the future will bring...You would always kick your butts if yoou lost the chance...I haven't had a chance to explore Colorado... I've been thru it a few times...If I could live my life over, I would like to go to every state and go down every road to see where it goes...Taking pictures all the time to look at in my old age when I could no longer do it...Wyoming is a state I would love to spend a lot of time in for starters...Granny

Bull River Gal said...

I love taking road trips like that.....the spur of the moment..let's take a drive..........but where??? Bruce and I still do that!