Saturday, May 26, 2012

River again.

That was one of the first hot days this year when this was taken. Not quite hot enough to wear shorts yet but then again it is still no-see-um season so long pants really are needed. Had to spray on the nasty stuff to keep them away. The dragon flies do the best they can but there are just too many for what few dragonflies that are out right now. Only saw 2 of them so far this year.

Phillip and I were walking up the road and saw this guy crossing the road. He was fortunate in that no one came down to the river crossing while he was in the path of eminent extinction otherwise, kaput. He left his shiny trails all over and had crossed and recrossed the road a few times. I don't know if he is playing a game of I dare you or what but he better make up his mind to land in a secure spot pretty soon because if a car don't get him a bird will. Do birds like slugs? I don't know but if they do, he will make a tasty bite.




These were growing right by where I was sitting. I don't know what they are but they look kinda like snapdragons. Lots of mint growing along side them. Smells minty there especially when the mint is walked on.
It was cooler today and not quite as smokey because the winds shifted again and is blowing the smoke away from us.

It's time to hit the sack so good nite,

Granny.



3 comments:

Bull River Gal said...

I like the pic of you sitting there reading your book....Lookin' pretty cool, Ma!!!

Rockhunter said...

It was nice and cool there. I wasn't in the deeper water, just barely getting my feet wet. Only got 2 no-see-um bites that day. In my hair of all places. Nasty little buggers.

Bull River Gal said...

On your scalp....not too bad...It could have been worse...uh-hum....like when you need to use the "outdoor" facilities!! lol The 'skeeters' were starting to get bad up here and then we got a bit of a cold snap in. Got snow up on the mountains across the canyon with the trees getting flocked about a third of thew way down. Lots of rain the past few days.....no skin off my nose 'cuz I am sewing! Finishe two wall hanging quilts...one Christmas themed one that I gave to Donna but forgot to get a picture of it. I will have to have here take a pic or pull it out when I am down there so i can get a pic. I will take a pic of the one that is going to hang above the pantry and post it in the next day or so. i am working on two quilt tops right now. Just put the next 4 rows on the queen sized quilt top that I have been sewing during our Noxon Neighbors Sewing Group sessions. It is at the halfway mark. And the other quilt top with the fish pics has the multi-colored borders around each fish panel and when I was down at Lisa, I sewed up about 30-9" scrappy blocks to tie the fish panel blocks into a (hopefully) interesting quilt top for a standard bed.