Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What a day, What a day!!


A friend of Phillips called and wanted to take a ride in his "new to him Jeep".  When he got here his wife was with him.  I thought " what the heck, I can restart the game download then we could go out in the shop." Not to be, we were going with the guys.  Damn tight fit in the back of the Jeep with all the gear, but we did it.  Went out to the canyon because they wanted to see how the Jeep did it's thing in 4 wheel.  This is one rough riding bitch in the hard back seat.  We tooled around for a bit then stopped to look for arrowheads.  Now everybody is 10 or more years younger than I am but they decided that the best place to search was up on a real high bench.  Took me twice as long to come down as it did to get up. I did find a perfect dovetail birdpoint and another whole one as well as 3 broken ones.  Phillip found a couple of birdpoints.  Jim and Sue didn't seem to get the knack of looking real close.  This was a bad place to start a new hobby because there are too many rocks, chips and pottery pieces that it is very hard to see any thing. Coming out we were still in the rollercoaster twisty turny part of the road when we came up to the top of a hill and came face to face with a huge Peterbuilt grill.  We had to back down a hill and around a bend to back up into a wash so the thing could get past.  Big semi tractor pulling 2 long trailers loaded with hay.  Followed by a semi tractor fork lift.   Had to wait a bit for the dust to settle.  I think I almost peed my pants when I saw that thing in the road.  It was so wide it took up all the road. It's so narrow anyway through this area.  I was glad to get home I'll tell you. I think I will need a cushion seat for a bit.  Almost 7:00 when we got home.  Good thing Phillip had planned on his favorite supper.  ( leftovers)!!  I"s way past my bed time and I'm pooped.
Granny

No comments: