Thursday, February 23, 2012

Till death do us part?

Today was volunteer day for Phillip and I. One day a month we both do our duty for the seniors of Yarnell and Wilhoit . He drops me off at the senior center then he goes up to the church and totes the boxes of commodity foods for all the old folks , out to their cars. Meanwhile I fill plastic sacks with rice, beans, 4 onions and 6 potatoes. Then I put 1 or 2 chicken hind quarters in plastic bags. This stuff plus canned foods is given once a month to qualified seniors. When Phillip picks me up, we could have lunch here but we usually pack a lunch and go out looking for rocks when we are through. Phillip is'nt too keen on eating with all those people. When I was living at the Boulder Motel and at Mrs. Potters place I used to work one day a week here at the senior center. Sometimes serving lunches and sometimes working the thrift shop. I can't work here now but I will volunteer a day a month.
Went out toward the river to look for rocks. Nada.
Granny

No comments: