Sunday, February 19, 2012

Down in the canyon.


Still a mite cool and breezy but sun was shining.
The indians must have loved it down here in the canyon.  So many places to go and things to see.  I did some digging around here before and found a broken pottery smoking pipe.  Yesterday i found a broken paint pot , broken matate, and a piece of an effigy. Just the back end.  May have been a bear or some other kind of animal.  Phillip found 5 arrowheads that had some damage.  All obsidian.  Lots of chips and ash is at least 3 feet deep in some places.  Most of the stuff i found was in a deep fire pit.  Very interesting place.  Would like to find something whole for a change. I'm going to have Phillip take a picture of my finds because my camera decide to have fits. Lens won't retract now and it just makes grinding and growling noise. Just my luck.  If I didn't keep it in a bag all the time I would think it might have got dirty. Shiiiiit!
 Granny

No comments: