Monday, February 20, 2012

Dragging my ass again.


And I drug it for around 2 miles over wash and up and down.
We went out to where they are going to do the mining on the bench above the canyon.  If they dig all this area up to process it for gold they will destroy a whole lot of Indian encampments. We want to find as many arrowheads and stuff before they do.  I found lots of chips of the prettiest pink agate the last time we were out there but never coud find out where the Indians got it.  Found one source today and dug for such a long time for good pieces that I got a blister. Even the tiny chips retain the pink color after all the time since the Indians chipped on it so it should be color stable.  I was digging away when Phillip came to where I was and showed me some real nice agate that was brown, cream and white. Said it was just down from where I was digging. I did run onto a few pieces where I was  but not in big chunks.  He found massive chunks and took pics but he left the camera in the car when we came home so I will have to process them later to put on the blog.
It was a nice warm day today. A bit cloudy but not heavy clouds.  We saw a couple of cayotes and a cardinal that was on the ground eating mesquite beans right by the side of the road. It was a male, and he didn't even fly as we passed him.
They are so beautiful.  We also saw a big buck drinking out of a water trough put out for the cattle.  He just looked at us as we drove by.  I told Phillip we must have been invisable for the animals to just look and not run or fly.  Lots of blue birds. Must be on their way up north. Right now they are filling up on bugs and beans. I had my chair out by the rig and was resting up from lunch and they were almost at my feet hopping around on the ground eating.
Well it's past 8:30 and my bed time so I'm going to drag my ass to bed.
Granny.

No comments: