Sunday, June 25, 2017

Fwd:

I know I told you I had written a story and sent it to Bob who was
going to put it on the blog a bit at a time since I didn't know how to
from Microsoft works. Anyway this is a different one I will put on
the blog a bit ay a time. Wouldn't want to overwhelm anyone.

Now this is purely fiction .Any resemblence to persons living or dead
is purely coincidental. (if the spelling id off a bit,there is no
spell check on gmail)



SO YOU WANNA BE A PROSPECTOR?




What a day this turned out to be. Went to work as usual and just as
soon as I came in the door, I was met by my cubical mate. He had a
worried look on his face. Now what? I muttered under my breath? Ole
Dan siddled up to me and said,"don't look now, but here comes
trouble". He shifted his eyes over to the left a couple of times. The
boss was standing over by the receptionist's desk. Looked like the
turkey was trying to get a peek down the front of Julie's dress. She
did have a prize pair, that one, Even I could attest to that. But now
she had a box sitting in front of her, kinda blocked his view.
Boss walked over to Dan and I. then he nodded his head off to the
side a couple of times, after he looked at Dan. Dan took is as his
cue to leave, rightly so. "Well Joe", he said, " just the man I
wanted to see. I've got a little confession to make", he mumbled as he
reached up and pulled a bit at his collar, stretching it just a tad.
He began to get a bit pinker in the jowls as he mumbled on. "Joe,you
know how my wife is so busy with all her church doing's? Well now she
has decided to drag me into her do good deeds." He tugged at his
collar once again and said,"She has taken on a refugee family, and I
am supposed to put the husband to work here". "Well I know you have
been a good worker, but you were the last one hired, so I will have to
let you go, since I can't afford to keep you both." Damn! that took
the starch right out of my legs. "So sorry Joe. I have already put the
guy in your old cube. You can pick up your check and belongings at
Julie's desk." Then the jerk just up and walked away. Damn, what a
revolting development this turned out to be.
Well, no use standing here. I was mad as hell and wanted to bawl at
the same time. I went on up to Julies desk. She stood up and wrapped
her arms around me and called the boss a couple of dirty names in my
ear. After a good squeeze she told me just how sorry she was to see me
go. She then pushed the box toward me. I looked in it and said, "
Here's my soft case, where's my laptop"? She said, "this was all
that was in it when the Boss gave it to me". Well by damn I'm not
leaving here without out it and I stomprd back to my old cube.
There was a dude pecking away at my laptop. He looked up at me and
said, " no password". I said, " damn straight no password, get you
grubby mitts off my computer", and started to unplug things. Dude
starts yelling up a storm and grabbing at my hands, so I simply
knocked him flat on his butt. Boss came charging in, all red faced,
Said, " what are you doing?" ." I'm taking my computer, is what I'm
doing" as I continued to unplug stuff and put it in my box. " You
can't take that, he said". "Like hell I can't. It's mine. That
piece of Dell junk you had in here is back over there under the
printer. This baby is mine." I shoved the rest of my stuff in the
box and put my HP in my soft case. Then I shoved the new dude aside
and went out . As I started out the door, I heard the new dude
yelling, he didn't know how to hook up a computer. I just smiled a
nasty smile and said to myself, Good luck old Boss.
Now what in the blazes am I going to do? I wondered as I hoped in my
old truck and headed back to town. Just as I started to pass the
Fairgrounds I see a sign. GOLD SHOW. Well what the heck? Why not
find out what that us all about since I was footloose and fancy free
right now.
I drove on in and parked. Went inside and looked around. Wow! Just
look at all that equipment. Just for grtting GOLD. I never saw so
much gold in one place before I thought as I wandered around. I
wondered if I could possibly get a few things and get some gold too.

To be continued.

No comments: