Saturday, July 3, 2010

4th of July weekend is off to a good start

I got up at 6:30 without the aid of an alarm clock this morning. This may have been a subliminal effect of my purchase of some new gold panning equipment. Kind of like when your a kid and your folks have to drag you out of bed except on Christmas, when for some magical reason your up 2 hours before your parents. Anyway, I figured the "gold fever" part of my brain was telling me to pack up and head down to the river to try out the new goodies. I bought a couple new pans and a classifier. One of the pans I bought is a plastic job with ridges on one side and that is the one I use for sifting out the black sand. The other pan is a big metal one with two ridges around the whole circumference of the flanged part. The weird thing about the metal pan is that it looks like it is rusting, hmmm... maybe that normal I dunno. Anyway, I love my classifier, I can blaze through 10X more material when I don't have to pick rocks out of my pan. I'll work through the black stuff later on today, hopefully there is at least a pinch of flour in there. Well I hope all is well with everybody and I hope you have some fun adventures this 4th of July weekend!

Here are a few pictures of the last hike Steph and I were on. This time we hiked on the Centennial Cone trail, I had never hiked this before so it was neat to check out some new area.


1 comment:

Bull River Gal said...

It sure is fun getting out and about...doing some hiking. Dad and I took some time on my birthday to go up to the Ghost towns of Garnet and Coloma and hiked around a bit and took pics. I posted them on Facebook!! We had a blast!! Can't wait to go on the next trip....this time, we are thinking about taking the ATVs up for a nice ride!!