Saturday, July 3, 2010

Aching Back Acres












I also recently got off the couch, and returned to the rock pile to work on our fire pit. I made some good use of my highlift, and floor jacks to tip these multi-ton broken granite boulders on end to form the back wall of the fire pit. We want a place where we can build a small fire to cook on, and an area where we can eat, drink and enjoy life on the rocks. [no pun intended] 

A few other pics. One of the area that used to be a huge pit, now showing the new growth of the low grow orchard mix that I planted about two weeks ago. I will bring many tons of granite up to build the retaining wall along the cut bank semi-circle you see in the picture. The teapot short and stout, some marigolds. Also and arbor that I built to trade a man for his brown eggs. The answer to getting farm fresh eggs with no cash. The Barter System! Plus I don't have to take care of stupid damn chickens!

Here is also the first look at my twin towers arbor. We have built at least a hundred arbors in the past several years, most we sold, some we gave away. At least ten couples have been married under our arbors, we get pictures sent to us often of a new couple expressing their vows under one these things. I even know of one that was abandoned after it met with an untimely demise one winter. Sad but true! Until I built the twin towers we have never kept one for ourselves. I will take many pictures of this monster throughout the summer to show the progression of the growing morning glory, and scarlet runner beans we have planted in the whiskey barrels inside the towers. Pictures that I will post here. 




2 comments:

Bull River Gal said...

Gee whiz...the place is looking beautiful!! You have been doing a lot of work around there. I am going to have to stop by and visit with ya when I go down to get my labs done for Dr W. I will call you...be in mid July time frame.

Jake said...

Hey Bill, lookin' good! If possible I would like to see your work someday. Maybe next summer I'll swing by if that is alright with you. It sounds like you will have an awesome terra formed yard when your finished.