Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksging day on the desert.


Phillip and I had our thanksgiving day dinner on Wed. and went down on the desert for a few days. We thought that most people would be home for the holiday. WRONG !! I think every body and his dog and cat had the same idea. Never saw as many trailers and motor homes down there at one time as there were this weekend. Most all of them had their ATV's. One good thing, there were no campers where we like to park. We usually camp out in the open desert because the sun light is longer there.
Got this picture of the sunset last night there.
Phillip found another spot to get fire opal and I found a "dragon"... My butt that is. Hiked a hill and slid down, picked up some cactus thorns and desert roses. Not in the same place though.
All in all I had a great time. Hope all of you had a great thanksgiving.
Black Friday came to the desert too. Clouds started rolling in and thought we might get some showers but all cleared up by morning. Wanted to have a campfire but was too breezy this time out.
Saw the fox family again. I don't know if it is the same female of if it was one of her kits from this spring or not. They were in the same den as last year. Forgot the dog food for the kits. They sure are cute. Couldn't get close enough for pictures and they didn't come to camp like they did this spring. Mom might feel they are too young yet to bring over.
Cooler this morning and there was a skim of ice on the birdbath. Had to slide it off then watered
the new trees as well while I was at it.
Got to remember to take pictures of these silver junipers we dug and put between our place and the house next door.
Til next time... Granny

1 comment:

Jake said...

Thanksgiving was pretty good down here in Colorado. I wish I was up in Montana for it though. Sigh.... I'll shoot for a trip again next year. However I may be able to take a long weekend and go for a visit maybe in
February or March.

I hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving. Keep up the festive mood because we have Christmas and New Years right around the corner! Sometimes I feel like the Scrooge because when you start seeing Christmas stuff before Halloween one tends to feel a little "holiday burnout" by the time December comes.