Thursday, November 5, 2009

November-- Turkey month.

I checked out an old rock cabin at Bristol Wells, NV Looks like only snakes, rats and lizards live here now.


The coke ovens at Bristol Wells. We did go up to one mine here but didn't take pictures of it.
We didn't take a lot of still pictures here in NV. Phillip did take videos though.
The weather has been real nice here but there is no water in the river where we like to pan, so we will have to wait til the rainy season before we can get back up there. We did get in some arrowhead hunting.
I know this is turkey month but looks like the week before Christmas in the stores. I guess they want people to start shopping before they run out of money next month. I swear they start putting Xmas stuff out down here before Halloween. Oh well! Can't lick em . Granny


2 comments:

Jake said...

Yeah it nuts how they start promoting Christmas in November. Actually in some stores it starts before Halloween. Geeze loise! I like the stone cabin. I've seen old miner wood shotgun shacks and some soddies, but the rock shelter is a new one. I guess if you have limited resources you make do with what you have in the area. I imagine rocks are not in short supply in those parts.

Lisa said...

I like that cabin too. Cool!