Monday, November 16, 2009

Just a taste of summer.

If you like, these might take your minds off snow. Not so Jake and Steph. I think they wallow in it. Gratefully I might add. Phillip took these when we were up at Bill and Cissy's.
Some of the flower seeds they sent me did bloom while we were gone but they were mostly dried out when we got home. I picked what seed pods I could that the birds didn't get. Hope to get some in the ground next spring.
It was nasty cool yesterday but today is like spring. A bit of ice in the one birdbath but the other knocked down and broken by a big black cat that has been hanging around. He has been jumping on it to catch the birds when they drink. I like cats but that one is close to being unwelcome around here. He better stick to mice if he knows what's good for him. Before we left there was a beautiful Siamese cat that stayed a bit under our shop. Haven't seen her since we been back. Phillip is working on some new walking sticks we picked up last week. He finally got the most of the tall tumbleweeds and leaves cleaned up. I have almost gotten in the mood to paint but when I started to look for a picture of an eagle I want to put in the painting I lost my enthusiasm. Have to find a picture and wait for the mood to hit again.
Granny

No comments: