Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lookin for the good stuff

Trying to find some Au.  I think I'm better at finding little pieces of quartz for Christmas ornaments rather than gold.  I'm not losing hope for the "big chunk" though.  This is a shot of some prospectin' action on Clear Creek.  I've seen the best color and most grains on this spot than any other on the creek.  The cool thing is that it is only a 15 minute drive from my place.  I can come home from a long day at work, head down to the water and work through a couple pans.  Not a bad way to unwind.

1 comment:

Rockhunter said...

Jake... Phillip says you need to get a suction tube and a super sluice gold pan then you can really get some gold... Looking at this picture I can see some bedrock... Ideal place to get good gold... You can get down into the cracks and cavities of the bedrock and suck up the fine gravel and gold, Put it into your pan, then pan it out... We find most of our gold this way... The big stuff we find with the metal locator...By the time you can get back into the creek to pan we will see to it you get a suction tube... Uncle Bob makes the best...