Friday, January 20, 2012

How tired I am!



And I mean really dragging. I drug it up wash, down wash,over the flats and across the washes. Must have put at least 2 miles a dragging it.

We went out to the same area where Phillip found the fossils. Found a few rocks but no arrowheads, either of us. Found the weirdest thing though. Somebody is drilling a well on forest service property. Couldn't figure out why. Anyway Phillip and I split up and went different directions. When I got back to the rig I found a couple of rigs parked by us and two guys setting up camp. They were hunters. Bow season for deer and pigs. They were pig hunters. I talked to them a bit and they have been camping and hunting this area every weekend since the first of Jan. They told me the well was being drilled for a mining process. Seems a guy was rockhunting and found a chunk of quartz with gold in it now he want's to mine for it. Phillip had found a wash down in the canyon that had been worked extensively. He had a gold pan and the metal locater with him the first day in. Didn't get a color or a locater reading. Hell of a lot of quartz up on the rim of the canyon. Massive outcropping' s must have eroded uphill somewhere. Most of all the rocks on the flats and in most washes is float. Agoodly portion is some excellent fine grain material that the Indians have chipped on. Most is white and light pimk. Beautiful stuff. I never saw any with gold. Rat's!!. Picked up some pink agate the Indians were working with. Wish I knew where they got it.

I'm tired as all get out and in an hour or so I'm hitting the sack.


Granny

No comments: