Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Down by the river.

Yesterday we went down to the river. Had a couple from Idaho,meet us
down there. I was teaching the gal to wire wrap and Phillip and the
guy took a hike down the river. It was a beautiful day even though we
thought it might be windy. We have been having quite a bit of wind
lately. Looks like it is trying to build up a storm, but still no
rain. I don't care to be down at the river when the wind blows very
hard. there are too many tall cottonwood trees and they are brittle.
Lose too many branches. As it was the guys drug some branches out of
the way that had fallen on monday. Was a real bitchin wind monday.

Saw our resident heron still trying to sneak up stream.

There are a pair of nesting mallards just a bit upstream. Well the
hen is but the drake spends most of his time swimming in the road
crossing pool. I tried to get a picture of him but it didn't turn
out. He was too far away and I didn't want to try and get closer and
scare him off.

The pictures are of some Phillip as taken down by the river.

I think our wire wrapping date turned out pretty good. She had some
small sea shells and beach glass she wanted to wire wrap. I took my
copper and craft practice wire down but she didn't think she would
have to practice. She had silver wire but used the copper wire to try
and wrap a shell. I never wrapped a shell before, and I think we both
learned something yesterday. Now that she knows how to figure how much
wire she will need, she can go to the silver wire. They were just
back from a trip to the Baha, where they got some beautiful shells.

I couldn't get on the blog dashboard so I thought I'd try the email
route. Hope it works....Granny

1 comment:

Bull River Gal said...

it worked with picture and all.