Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Yep! More rocks.

 This beauty is an onyx geode with rust colored sagenite in a beige agate center enclosing an amethyst crystal core surrounded by bands of blue,pink and beige fortification agate. A rare and striking fist size specimen.  Other half has been sold.
This specimen is a section of an thin skin onyx geode. Blue agate with brown sagenite crystals above a band of pink, lavender and white plume agate that has rust color sagenite crystals inclusions. The center of this large geode had onyx,agate blades around pockets of agate with gold color druzzy quartz crystals in them..
Parts of this beauty sold and parts traded. Quite unusual and rare.

Phillip and I went down on the desert where it was a lot warmer and spent the day doing our thing.  Phillip off hiking and me scouting for arrowheads and digging crystals.  When my legs got too tired to bend over and pick any more I took to my chair and read. Phillip found a new Indian encampment about 4 miles away and picked up 6 nice arrowheads plus a few broken ones.  Going to have to take pics of his latest finds one of these days.

Oh! I almost forgot. I took a loaf of bread Phillip's friend the goat keeper gave him for turkey day dressing (was moldy) and I tossed it out for the chipmunks.  I had to laugh at the darn things.  There were 6 of them, grabbing slices of bread and going off in different directions.  One little guy was running like crazy and stumbled over the slice of bread he was carrying. He tumbled ass over end a couple of times , then got up, stood up on his hind legs and looked all around as if to see if any one saw his accident.  Twitched his tail then grabbed his bread a dashed off.  I would have taken pic's but Phillip had the camera. ( still have to process and size them yet). Like I needed to get more crystals.  I still have a bucket of them sitting in front of the house left there from this spring.  Should have given Monty's daughter a zip-lock bag and let her fill it.  Hell!  My brains just weren't working that day.
Granny.

No comments: