Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Why I missed the BBQ



This is why I was not able to come to Jeannine and Bruce's for BBQ. Saturday was the only day I could get the Bobcat from the rental yard. Also that morning Gordie was dropped off by his people who were going to Europe for 17 days. [lucky bastards] I was able to get a bunch of rocks moved and most of them placed. I didn't have the grapple like I thought I was going to so I couldn't build the grotto, or the inuksuk like I wanted. But on the good side the rental yard charged me $80 less than I thought they were going to. Eventually I will get an excavator with a thumb, and I will build these things. In the meantime I have much work to do stacking rock by hand, now that I have the base stones set in place.

Also some shots of the growth on the arbor that I built. Some of the vines are almost reaching the top now.




1 comment:

Rockhunter said...

Place is looking cool. I see the rocks along the drive. Are you going to make a wall there?