Monday, February 27, 2017

paintings

This painting is nothing like I started out. I started with a cliff
on the right side. and a big waterfall in the middle, Got it from a
picture in AZ highways mag. Didn't like it so I painted the cliff out
and added trees and mountains. Didn't like the way the waterfall
dominated the paintings, so took it out and added more mountains and
trees. I wanted a cougar in the painting so added big rocks for it to
live on. I have to have water in a painting so added pool and stream.
Had to change course of the stream a couple of times til I got it
where I like it. Added the top cougar, then decided he needed a
friend. The bottom cougar started to look more like a racoon, and I
was about to turn him into a big rock, when he started to shape up.
Finally I got the darn painting to where I like it.
Granny

No comments: