Monday, February 27, 2017

Other painting.

T saw another picture in the AZ highways mag. I liked the way the
sunlighr filtered down thru the trees. I decided to use the idea in a
painting. I started out with a mountain in the far background, but
didn't like what room was left on the canvas, so painted it out and
decided to show sun coming down thru the trees this way. Started out
too light so I darkened it up, then it was too dark. Added some big
trees and a stream that changed course right away. I wanted a cougar
in this painting but alread had one with rocks so painted in a dead
tree for him. Tree changed positions a couple of times til I got it
where it didn't look cluttered. Damn, that cougar needed something to
do besides walk up a tree, so added the squirrel for lunch, if he
could catch it.
Granny

No comments: