Saturday, September 11, 2010

First frost

We  got frost enough to kill the garden a few nights ago. The lettuce actually survived, and I figured it would be the first to go on a cold night. The arbor filled in quite nice but the east tower has a bit of frost damage on the top. The M-wall is pretty much finished for now, until spring, unless I get some time and cooperation from old Ma Nature.

I have built a royal exalted grand throne in the far corner of this picture. It is Poobahtic design and location, towering over all other rock benches around the area. From the driveway the top of the throne is about 6 1/2 feet tall, from the floor of the Corgi Coliseum below the throne it's about 10 feet to the top. 

The M-wall has been fun, but when my neighbor saw how it was going he decided to build a huge retaining wall at his place and that was about fours days of hard rock lifting work. I am so burned out on rocks right now. I could barely muster the energy to finish my project, [still not finished]

So,,,anyway from the Royal Exalted Grand Poobah thrown I can throw the Kong for the Corgis and get good distance because I am so high above the ground. And of course it is a most lofty and prestigious position from where I may be adequately worshiped. Yes,,I said "worshiped" ,,,,Oh! It's good to be Poobah.










No comments: