Sunday, May 10, 2009

Can you believe this?

These agaves above are the ones in pictures 2 and 3 on the last post.
This agave is the one in the first picture in the last post. It is now just 6 inches below the soffit. Phillip is going to try and pull it out away from the roof with a rope and stake it so it won't go thru the roof. Want to see just how high it will be before we leave.
Wow! You talk about a weird brain echo...I had a good one the other night... I dreamed a man and a woman come to the house and wanted to talk to us... They said they were gathering up people who they believed deserved a second chance in life... They told us they would take us to a deserted island and there we could start over...We would be getting a healthy body before we went... The one condition we would have was to leave everything except that which was on a list that they would give us... This island was a large one but there was no conveniences on it... No power, phones, roads or anything... It was completely native and we would have to survive as such... They said anyone in the family could go if they were willing to give up everything they had now for perfect health and a new lifestyle...They would talk to them...They said this world was going to go through some drastic changes and and this was our chance to not be a part of it... Because what we have now was going to be destroyed in the chaos, and our chances of survival were slim if we remained... They didn't know exactly when this was going to happen so we would have to be prepared for a long stay on the island...We had exactly 3 months to sell everything and gather things on the list...If we were willing to go, we would be picked up with all our supplies and transported to the ship...On the list were things we would need to survive until we could build homes... Tents, camping supplies,basic foods, first aid kits and so forth...(forget the camp stove and lantern, no gas on island) Temperate climate so no winter clothing...Building supplies like tools, nails, ropes, hand saws, stuff like that...Mason tools, buckets, tubs, and many other things I can't remember now what...How to books, hobby materials, Treadle sewing machine and stuff to make clothes.
As I looked at all the stuff on the list I wondered just how we could ever collect all the stuff on it... They said if other members of the family decided to go then the list would be split up amongst the whole family... I was wondering how many of the family would go...
Next thing I knew we were on this island. I don't remember how or when we came to be here...
The Island was a fabulous place... Tall timber, rivers with fish, mountains in the distance, small lake where we were camped... Log and rock cabins being built by the family... I was planting the seeds that were on the list...Water diverted from a stream to the garden... We had a chicken coop made of logs and a pigpen made of logs... We had 2 cows and lots of dogs...The whole family was there, even Margaret and 2 of her kids...Some of her family didn't come and neither did Weldon's family... There were a lot of people I didn't know on this Island as well...They were up in the hills and on the other side of the lake...
Now this was weired enough but when I looked up into the sky I could see the Earth sitting out there as plain as day just like it was a moon. I know we weren't dead because there was no one here who had passed on before... The shock of seeing the Earth in the sky woke me up... Darn it.
I made a comment on the last post to Jake's comment. Hope he got it... I will pass tips on as I remember them.
Phillip has a couple of pairs of birds fighting over his bird house. There is room for 4 families but looks like one family to a side will be in the end... They are packing in the stuff...
We have 2 feeders and the birds can empty it in a couple of days... Lots of seeds on the ground so Phillip won't refill it for a while so they can clean up what fell to the ground. Some of the little devils just rake the seeds out to get the ones they like best first... Some of the finches and oriels take sips from the hummingbird feeders...The tiny birds that have nested in the cactus in the front yard like the lettuce Phillp planted... They were out there picking at it even as he watered it this morning...
First radishes are gone and the second batch is about an inch tall...The lettuce is almost gone and the second batch is a good 2 inches tall...Squash setting on and the peas and potatoes are blooming...Pepper plants are blooming and the tomato plant has 3 tomatoes on it. One as big as a ping pong ball...
Phillip finally got the old faceter fixed up so we can both facet on a machine at the same time...
He had to make a new pan for it... Works good...Only thing now is, I hope we don't need a lap the other is using.

Granny

2 comments:

Lisa said...

As for the island....count me in! Do you think I could bring my dogs?

Rockhunter said...

Heck yes. There were lots of dogs there, so maybe some of them were yours...Your family had cabins not far from mine and Phillips. I could see Davids cabin still being built and Margarets boys were plastering stucco on the outside of their rock cabin...I was planting corn I think when I saw the Earth up in the sky... If this was an island, it must have been in the sky and not an ocean. I have had some real strong dreams where I can remember most every thing, even what people said but most of my dreams are stupid stuff I can hardly remember til after the coffee is gone... It's weird but a lot of the dreams I can remember most of have been of technical stuff... Sometimes stuff not invented yet and somtimes some are about something someone comes out with a little later... My Dad had dreams the same way... If he had invented the stuff he dreamed of he would have been a millionaire...When I was a little girl, my Dad dreamed about sugar coated cereal... We ate a lot of failures that he tried to make according to his dream... He just didn't have access to the right ingredients that's all to make the stuff right.