Tuesday, March 3, 2020

The Ties That Bind.

Another memory


How many of you remember Grandma Sharp? If you do, remember her in
Utah, you should remember she was a care giver. She had a woman come
to live at their place there in Uintah. The woman,s family wanted
her out of their sight because she had cerebal palsey, so she was
brought out to Grandma's place along with her fold up wheelchair and a
beautiful player piano. I loved to play that thing. Dad used to take
her and I to town with him when he went to work, then pick us up
after. She always walked behind her wheel chair, going down the
streets She couldn't walk flatfooted, but on her tip toes. We would
go to the movies, do some shopping and get some thing to eat while
sitting at the park. Her Name was Marie Terburggen. She wrote the
most beautiful poetry. She was the one who got me to writing it too.
When I left Utah and came up to Washington with Bob and each of us
one suitcase, I never figured I would never get the notebook I had all
my poems in. Robert refused to give me anything I left behind. I
remember a couple is all. Oh well!, like the lawyer that told me to
take Bob and leave the state because posession is 9 tenths of the law,
and in Utah the womans's right's were the last tenth. And so it
goes.

No comments: