Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The plot thickens.

Phillp is out busting his butt whacking weeds while I set here on my butt playing puter. But at least I have started a mystery?? Anyway  when in the safe a few days ago, I came across a paper I wrote some notes on when I had the folks down here in AZ. I was talking to Dad about his family. As you know we have always suspected Dad changed his name somewhere along the line.  He was always telling us a bunch of bull so never knew what was the truth or not.  Well again, I decided to write down some of the names he told me.  He said he had aunts by the name of Estep and Blankenship.  Sisters names Helen and Mary.  Brother named Weldon. Grandparents named Boggs.  Mother name Viola Boggs. Cousins, Vergillia and Belva.  Best friend, Fred Boyce.
Here is where the plot begins to thicken.  I went on line and looked up Viola Boggs and lo and behold I come up with a Viola Boggs who was around the age Dad's Mother might have been, married to a George W. Boyce.  Following me yet?  Any way they had 2 sons I can find, one named Howard William Boyce born 1903. and Amos L. Boyce  born 1906 in Page W. Va.    Hummm I'm thinking.
Going further I find The Mother of Viola Boggs, was Lucinda J. Estep... The plot gets a bit thicker here now.  Seems the Boyce brothers were both married but either of them could have just ran out of their wives and headed west to hunt for gold. They could have done it and still panned for gold in Ca. the went up to Utah and met Mom.

Maybe...Who knows for sure?

Granny

No comments: