Monday, March 23, 2015

Portraits

This portrait took six weeks to draw up. I struggled with George Harrison's cheek area and got it put together well enough to make it look like him. Most of my portraits are made one of a kind. I made this for a collector six years ago.
This is very difficult to do because it has to be a self-supporting structure. When I draw my choice of colors is Black and white only! A guy can go cross eyed when doing this so I have to take a break from my drawing on the hour for about 20 min. Approximate dimensions for this portrait is 36" x 36" and is painted with black satin finish a proxy paint. My canvases is steel. Keep in mind the black is steel. Rule, is there are no black islands. As far as I know I'm the only one doing this in the country.

2 comments:

Rockhunter said...

Awesome. Beatle lovers should like this.

Rockhunter said...

Awesome. Beatle lovers should like this.