Thursday, March 20, 2014

Well I'll be damned.  I can hardly believe this.  I couldn't get on the blog after they changed over their format with the old computer or the lap top, no matter what I did. After the HP went tit's up I went to the thrift store and bought an OLD 10 dollar computer with windows XP on it and and it has Chrome. I tried this thing and even though it took 8 minutes to load the blog, it worked.  Who knows for how long or how good but maybe now I can communicate again. I don't have any pictures loaded on it yet so don't know how many things it will support. Has plenty of ram but not a whole lot of virtual memory .  Any way we'll see.
Granny.

3 comments:

Bull River Gal said...

coolio!!!

Jake said...

I like Windows XP. Sounds like you got a sweet deal on the old computer. How do you like Chrome? A lot of my buddies back in grad school loved it.

Rockhunter said...

Guy at the thrift store takes all the computer stuff and fixes them for resale. This is an old Gateway machine. Slow as molassas but does the job. Has a small floppy drive I need for processing pictures on Phillips camera. The laptop has Chrome on it but it still won't work the blog. I can't say I'm crazy about Chrome, because it's slower than IE. but if it does the trick then I like that. Granny